By Robert C. Martin, Micah Martin
With the award-winning publication Agile software program improvement: rules, styles, and Practices, Robert C. Martin helped carry Agile ideas to tens of hundreds of thousands of Java and C++ programmers. Now .NET programmers have a definitive advisor to agile equipment with this thoroughly up-to-date quantity from Robert C. Martin and Micah Martin, Agile ideas, styles, and Practices in C#.
This booklet offers a sequence of case reviews illustrating the basics of Agile improvement and Agile layout, and strikes quick from UML versions to actual C# code. The introductory chapters lay out the fundamentals of the agile move, whereas the later chapters exhibit confirmed suggestions in motion. The ebook comprises many resource code examples which are additionally to be had for obtain from the authors’ internet site.
Readers will come clear of this publication understanding
* Agile rules, and the fourteen practices of maximum Programming
* Spiking, splitting, speed, and making plans iterations and releases
* Test-driven improvement, test-first layout, and attractiveness testing
* Refactoring with unit testing
* Pair programming
* Agile layout and layout smells
* The 5 kinds of UML diagrams and the way to take advantage of them effectively
* Object-oriented package deal layout and layout patterns
* the way to positioned it all jointly for a real-world project
Whether you're a C# programmer or a visible easy or Java programmer studying C#, a software program improvement supervisor, or a enterprise analyst, Agile ideas, styles, and Practices in C# is the 1st e-book you want to learn to appreciate agile software program and the way it applies to programming within the .NET Framework.
Read or Download Agile Principles, Patterns, and Practices in C# PDF
Best .net books
Improve the kind safeguard of your code and simply create purposes utilizing . web Generics four. zero
* how to use Generics' tools and frequent collections to unravel complex problems.
* enhance real-world purposes utilizing Generics
* comprehend the significance of every common assortment and commonplace classification and use them as in step with your standards
* Benchmark the functionality of all usual collections
Generics have been extra as a part of . web Framework 2. zero in November 2005. even supposing just like generics in Java, . web generics don't practice style erasure yet each item has designated illustration at run-time. there is not any functionality hit from runtime casts and boxing conversions, that are as a rule dear. .NET deals type-safe models of each classical info constitution and a few hybrid ones.
This e-book will exhibit you every thing you must begin writing type-safe purposes utilizing customary facts buildings on hand in Generics API. additionally, you will see how one can use numerous collections for every job you practice. This publication is filled with sensible examples, fascinating purposes, and comparisons among Generics and extra conventional ways. ultimately, every one box is bench marked at the foundation of functionality for a given activity, so that you be aware of which one to exploit and when.
This publication first covers the elemental techniques akin to kind defense, conventional equipment, and widely used packing containers. because the booklet progresses, you are going to subscribe to a number of regular packing containers to accomplish your ambitions and question them successfully utilizing Linq. There are brief routines in each bankruptcy to spice up your knowledge.
The ebook additionally teaches you a few most sensible practices, and a number of other styles which are typically on hand in usual code.
Some very important accepted set of rules definitions are found in energy assortment (an API created via Wintellect Inc. ) which are lacking from . internet framework. This publication indicates you the way to take advantage of such algorithms seamlessly with different commonly used containers.
The publication additionally discusses C5 collections. Java Programmers will locate themselves at domestic with this API. this can be the nearest to JCF. a few very fascinating difficulties are solved utilizing commonly used packing containers from . internet framework, C5, and PowerCollection Algorithms - a a dead ringer for Google Set and Gender Genie for example!
What you are going to study from this publication
* How other kinds of conventional listsare comparable
* find out how to enforce your individual conventional record
* question all types of primary box alike with Linq ordinary question Operators
* increase . internet collections with common objective algorithms on hand in C5 and PowerCollection
* construct concurrent apps in respiring effortless steps.
* locate these algorithms you've been lacking in . web framework in PowerCollection and C5 API.
* learn the way assorted regular collections/containers practice less than benchmarking, and while to exploit one over one other
* Port your STL code blocks to . web Generics which are very convenient while you're a veteran C++ developer and seeking out an alternate in . web world.
This is a concise, functional advisor that can assist you study Generics in . internet, with plenty of genuine international and fun-to-build examples and transparent causes. it really is filled with screenshots to assist your knowing of the process.
Who this ebook is written for
This e-book is aimed toward novices in Generics. It assumes a few operating wisdom of C# , however it isn't mandatory.
The following may get the main use out of the book:
* beginner C# builders being affected by Generics.
* skilled C++ and Java Programmers who're migrating to C# and seeking out a substitute for different established frameworks like STL and JCF might locate this booklet handy.
* Managers who need to know what Generics is and the way to place it to stable use.
* Architects will locate the benchmarking super beneficial, simply because it's the 1st of its variety throughout a framework of a number of collections.
Writing powerful company purposes offers a distinct problem for builders, yet Microsoft has addressed that problem with the unfastened, downloadable company Library for the . internet Framework. firm Library is a set of program blocks and information records that jointly offer performance universal to company purposes; every one software block contains complete resource code.
This article describes the structure of a scalable . internet program utilizing Microsoft applied sciences, giving an outline of scalability layout that's appropriate for IT architects, procedure designers, and builders
Meant for net builders who desire a glimpse into model 2 of ASP. internet being published in 2005, this e-book overviews the advent of web page templates and internet components for construction sites speedier, what is new within the info binding version and ADO. web, program prone that would supply dynamic snapshot new release and location counters, the customized types authentication engine, and adjustments to the configuration API.
Extra info for Agile Principles, Patterns, and Practices in C#
They do not make messes and then tell themselves that they'll clean them up when they have more time. They clean any messes as they are made. 10. Simplicitythe art of maximizing the amount of work not doneis essential. Agile teams do not try to build the grand system in the sky. Rather, they always take the simplest path that is consistent with their goals. They don't put a lot of importance on anticipating tomorrow's problems; nor do they try to defend against all of them today. Rather, they do the simplest and highest quality work today, confident that it will be easy to change if and when tomorrow's problems arise.
These MOCK OBJECTs are queried by the PayrollTest object to see whether the Payroll object managed them correctly. Listing 4-2 shows the intent of the test. It creates the appropriate MOCK OBJECTs, passes them to the Payroll object, tells the Payroll object to pay all the employees, and then asks the MOCK OBJECTs to verify that all the checks were written correctly and that all the payments were posted correctly. Of course, this test is simply checking that Payroll called all the right functions with all the right data.
When these two charts are kept on the wall of the project room, anybody can look them over and tell within seconds what the status of the project is. They can tell when the next major milestone will be met and to what degree the scope and estimates are creeping. These two charts are the true bottom line for XP and all the agile methods. In the end, it's all about generating reliable management information. Conclusion From iteration to iteration and release to release, the project falls into a predictable and comfortable rhythm.
Agile Principles, Patterns, and Practices in C# by Robert C. Martin, Micah Martin